11.13.2008

life of the party - NOT!

I'm still here - barely.  

Nothing like a bit of life to ruin a good party.  I have been dealing with more then I can handle at the moment - lots of life's little interruptions mixed in with a nasty stomach flu that has hit all 6 of my family.  Of course the flu takes it sweet time to get through all of us, extending it's very unwelcome stay to 3 weeks - why can't we ever all get it within the same few days and suffer together?

But beyond all that I have dealt with an even bigger loss then the contents of my stomach.  I have lost a very dear friend to cancer.  Susan's death has been hard for me and I can only imagine how much harder it is for her husband and 3 beautiful little girls. 

I miss her...a lot!  She was a true friend in every sense of the word.  So please excuse my absence from this blogging world of parties.  I will be back soon.

If there is any tie in to death and parties it would be this...continue to invite friends and family into your home to celebrate.  We do not know how long we have with those we care about most so enjoy each minute. 

10 comments:

Tara said...

You will by in my prayers. I had wondered what kept you from blogging. Give it all to God and he will carry the burden for you.

Katie said...

Well said and a great reminder. Sorry for your loss. I just lost someone very close to me as well so I totally get what you're going through. Hang in there and God Bless you all.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry abou the loss of your friend. We all totally understand and hope you'll take the time you need to take care of yourself.

Marcie said...

Hi Denise,

Just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you. You are so right about cherishing every moment...that is what this whole party thing is to me. Take your time...we'll be happy when you come back!
Marcie

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better! As a person whose seen a number of family members die of cancer, my heart is with you at this time.

Dot O said...

I kept looking for daily updates and wondered what was going on. I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. I will say an extra prayer for the family she left behind.

Feel better soon. Skip the blogging until you're up to it. It shouldn't be an obligation, it should be enjoyable.

Kira Franz-Knight said...

we'll be thinking about you...and when you've done some healing (physically, mentally, spiritually) we'll be here!

pati-Sue said...

From an old lady's perspective let me share that my very best friend died when we were both 32 years old. It was a terrible loss to me,
and from your written feelings there is almost too much similarity. I still miss her, after all these years. Interestingly, Amy-Sue had heard so much about her, that when she named Tabitha, she used my friend's name, Roanne, for Tabitha's middle name. Certain people change our world and we are lucky to have the knowledge that we will see them again.

OurWanderingAdventures said...

oh my, what an awful thing to have to go through. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

amy * stem * said...

Denise,

My thoughts are with you and all those who loved your friend at this time and in the months ahead. I hope you are soon able to celebrate her life and the time you shared.

Though the voice is quiet, the spirit echoes still.

All my best,
Amy