3.18.2010

thank you spammer man

What is it with spammers?  I have had so many spam comments left on this blog as of late it's driving me crazy. 


I have always felt like blogs should be open for anyone to comment (kinda the point of blogging) and I have never used word verification on this blog because I think it's nice for people to not have to worry about it (besides sometimes it's impossible to read those dang words)  Well that is about to change.  I have now added word verification to comments thanks to some spammer in Japan.  Sorry for the inconvenience.


Things like this make me mad (not to mention I'm a little irritable as I'm living on no sleep because of the flu in our house and the last few crunch days before the big Spring Formal I'm decorating for - will Saturday ever get here?!)


So I apologize to those of you that will no longer be able to just leave a comment but instead have to retype some crazy word that you can't always read.  I also apologize for my bad attitude and promise that once I've had some decent sleep I will be a much more pleasant blogger.

5 comments:

Amber said...

If it makes you feel better, I have had a couple also. It pisses me off because I get so few comments that I was excited and then 'bam' Asian filth. I am not a pro blogger, not tech savvy, not concerned about being a popular blogger, but really? Why?
I started my blog when I joined a baking group and couldn't figure out how to post my results when all of a sudden it was asking what I wanted to name my blog. So if they can get to little ol' me then you must be annoyed.
My word verification for you is nicepo, sort of cute.

amy & lisa said...

Yep, they visited me too and I also had to add verification. :(

janae said...

I think the bad attitude is justified. And I completely agree with your policy on comments. Too bad others ruin it!

Heather Stokes said...

I have the same problem and it is REALLY irritating.

ashcraft8 said...

same problem here too. Twice in 1 month!!